Connect Lake Greenwood
is a nonprofit organization brought to you by the chambers of commerce in Greenwood, Laurens, Newberry, and Ninety Six. These organizations have joined hands with a group of caring volunteers and businesses that serve the Lake Greenwood community. We all want one thing: to make life on Lake Greenwood better for everyone. We want to get everyone interested and on board.
To advocate, enhance and promote enjoyment of life on the lake for everyone who lives, works, and plays at Lake Greenwood.
As a result of fulfilling our mission:
- Stakeholders are consistently informed about and engaged in maximizing quality of life on Lake Greenwood
- The Lake Greenwood region achieves sustainable economic development that deepens the satisfaction of our stakeholders
- Stakeholders strive to complement each other’s mission without duplicating efforts or diluting support
What We Do for You
Events & Activities on Lake
One important area that CLG engages will be to host Lake Events and Activities for the community and/or lake property owners.
Lights on the Lake & Future Events
CLG is continuing to organize the annual hit event Lights on the Lake on July 4th. This event will again include BBQ, a live band, and fireworks, which will be accessible by car or boat and centrally located on the lake. Oh, and it’s FREE! The cost is being supported by local businesses and individual sponsors who care about our community. Check out the details on the event page and our Facebook page.
Just a few other areas in which CLG helps you:
Did you know that there are nearly 6,000 homes on Lake Greenwood, 212 miles of Shoreline, 11,000+ acres and services tens of thousands of people per year?
- Surveys and Feedback from YOU! Our goal is to encourage the majority of lake owners and friends of Lake Greenwood to register, so we can determine via surveys and feedback what you would like to see changed, added, or done for Lake Greenwood.
- Calendar of Events on the lake and Greenwood Area (via Greenwood Calendar) There are a number of quality events that operate on the lake that few know about- we plan to be the central information hub.
- Information concerning the lake. We are partnering with Greenwood Online. Our goal is to keep you informed on lake news, from economic development, to lake issues, new laws, new communities and local and region government decisions/plans.
- CLG fully supports businesses on the lake via free promotion and information on all what they offer, including coupons/discounts from time to time.
- CLG-hosted events. As mentioned above, the first of several for 2014 is the July 4th Lights on the Lake. Our second event will be a Lake Owner social picnic and activities on Labor Day. More details on website. Bigger and better in 2015. Members may have priority benefits for future events. From time to time, we will offer some fun activities — check out “Find the Place” to win a free lake t-shirt!
- Lake Greenwood Improvement Projects via surveys and suggestions from YOU. For example, one project under discussion is placing lights on bridges for night boater safety.
- CLG supports the many other community organizations that benefit and assist Lake Greenwood. The average lake owner may not realize how many quality organizations work to improve the quality of life for the lake.
- CLG promotes Lake Greenwood locally, regionally, and nationally as a place to live, work, and play via providing facts and information for the consumer to consider.
- Economic Development can include from the promotion of the lake to assisting/encouraging businesses to consider Lake Greenwood. We need sustainable businesses.
Serving on Connect Lake Greenwood committees
The organization is a joint effort by four chambers: Greenwood, Newberry, Laurens, and Ninety Six.
|Jimmy Peden||Retired – Chairman|
|Tony Curreri||Lakelands Reality|
|Kristi Rush||Rush Heating and Air|
|Gwen Gunnells||Gunnells Marine|
|Angelle LaBorde||Greenwood Chamber of Commerce|
|Michael Hobby||Moon’s Landing/ Laurens CoC|
|Jim Medford||Stoney Pointe|
|Kevin Cartee||Camp Fellowship and Conference Ctr|
|Jeff Field||Laurens County Water and Sewer|
|Steve Fenimore||Grand Harbor|
|Sharon Clark||Crystal Bay|
Comprised of representatives from HOA Neighborhoods on lake, businesses on lake, and key individuals or businesses who care about the lake: (If you would like to join this committee or fill any of the vacancies, please contact us.)
Home Owner Associations
|Crystal Bay||Sharon Clark|
|Eagles Harbor||Carmel Hazard|
|Grand Harbor||Steve Fenimore|
|Greenwood Shores||Ron Staggs|
|Harbor Heights||Russ and Tracye Smith|
|Pier 96||Gladys Woodcock|
|Plantation at Grand Harbor||(vacant)|
|Planters Row||Rick Trammell|
|Pucketts Ferry||Tony Curreri|
|Ridgewood Harbor||Dean and Pam Davis|
|Stoney Point||Jonathan Wiley|
|Summer Pointe||Tracye Peden|
|The Landing ( former Charleston Place)||(vacant)|
|The Retreat at Grand Harbor||Bill Baumhofer|
Businesses & Caring Individuals
|Camp Fellowship||Kevin Cartee|
|Cane Creek RV and Marina||Mel Weaver|
|Harris Landing||Randy & Robyn|
|Lee’s BBQ||Suzanne and Buddy|
|Lighthouse Landing||Joyce Cossey|
|Momentum Construction||John deRieux|
|Moon Landing||Michael Hobby|
|Skippers Landing||Mike and Brenda|
|Southern Boat Lift- Lee Holder||Lee Holder|
|The 45||Johnny Urbon|
|Tower Point Marina / One Stop Sunoco||Oneil|
|Twin Rivers Marina (Waterloo)||Sandra and Rick|